Thursday 6 September 2012

Welcome to the 2012 Ottawa Folk Festival presented by TELUS, everyone!


As the Ottawa Folk Festival gears up for its 2012 edition, an expanded team of social media enthusiasts are ready to keep you informed of all of the action! Our Freewheelin’ crew will be maintaining this blog with reviews all festival long from Cormac Rea as well as features and  guides.

We'll also be updating our facebook followers, and tweeting using the @ottawafolk handle. Follow, like and read us to stay up to date on everything folk! #ottawafolk2012

And here's our volunteer team:

Ashley
I was born and raised on the West Coast, so I spend the majority of my time trying to soothe the heartache caused by being far away from the ocean. Racing my bike along the canal certainly helps, but it's not quite enough. Rock climbing, concert going and blog writing (especially about music) round out my therapy program. Look for me at the festival; I’ll be dancing my face off, scoping out the workshops, and tweeting at lightning speed so you don’t miss a minute of the awesome.

Danielle
This September marks my 7th year in Ottawa, and I’m happy to call it home. I enjoy biking to and from my government office downtown, reading P.G. Wodehouse on my balcony, writing cheesy piano music and horrible poetry, baking almond biscotti, and listening to Joni Mitchell while wishing I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair. I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences with you at this year’s Ottawa Folk Festival!

Gabby
I'm a student designer and artist with a soft spot for all things folk and indie. I’m currently enrolled in Pre-Animation and Illustration and loving it. What I’m excited about this year with OFF is definitely the amazing band line-up (Bon Iver! Great Big Sea! Hey Rosetta! Said the Whale! Saul Williams!) and the chance to be part of a great Social Media team. Things are pretty crazy leading up to the festival, but I can say that this year will definitely be a memorable one.

Juanita
I’m a fourth-year journalism student at Carleton University and started volunteering at the Ottawa Folk Festival when I was 16. From a Broken Social Scene set under a full moon to a magical workshop that brought together Steven Page, Joel Plaskett and Ana Miura, every year has been filled with countless memories. I’ll be sure to keep track of this year's, so stay tuned!

Michelle
I am a local Ottawan, who loves home, food and travel. My daytime gig can be a bit dry so I spend my spare time taking photos of my parents’ poodle and finding new destinations to explore. I firmly believe that wine and ukuleles are essential ingredients to life, and that my neighbours really enjoy hearing me belt out show-tunes at all hours. I love blogging and oversharing, so I can’t wait for the 2012 Ottawa Folk Festival to get underway.

Natasha
I'm a journalism student, blogger, and music festival enthusiast. You can usually find me in the crowd singing along behind a camera, but this year I'll be behind my smartphone instead. As a first-time Ottawa Folk Festival volunteer, I can't wait to get tweeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment